Thursday, September 30, 2010

Some more updates!

Thank you to everyone who came by Secret Headquarters the other night. I was a little under the weather but I had a lot of fun. And thank you to everyone out there buying books! The response has been great so far and I'm very happy to read all your lovely emails. :)

About a month ago I did a studio interview with MTV for their new comics themed site. The site doesn't officially launch 'til Monday, but I've gotten the go-ahead from the producer to post the video! Check it out! I'm usually camera shy but they managed to edit my mumblings into some coherency, so kudos to them. The producer Brad, used to work on the TV show True Life, which I love, so it was fun pretending I was on an episode of True Life: I Want To Be A Cartoonist or something.



Alternative Press Expo
I have a couple signings at the Cartoon Art Museum booth and a panel this year at APE. Here's the current schedule:

Signings:
Saturday 10/16 from 2:00 - 3:00pm
Sunday 10/17 from 3:00 - 4:00pm

Panel:
2:00–3:00pm The Art of Storytelling—What role does art play in telling a story in comics format? Enjoy this discussion of art and comics with APE special guests Lynda Barry (What It Is), Renée French (H Day), and Megan Kelso (Artichoke Tales), plus Tom Neely (The Blot) and Jen Wang (Koko Be Good). Moderated by Greg Means (Tugboat Press).

I'm totally stoked to be on this panel (Lynda Barry!), so if you're coming to APE, please come to this!

1 Comments:

Blogger ZZ said...

So Faron and Koko made it to NYC in one piece! :)

October 5, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home